Appendix E: SDC 7 Changelog
Cloud API and SmartDC CLI have been completely rewritten for SDC 7.0. Notably, required version of Node.js to run the CLI is now greater or equal than 0.8.14.
Most of the commands remain the same, taking exactly the same options and returning exactly the same JSON information in an attempt to preserve backwards compatibility between 6.5 and 7.0 API clients, and software built for 6.5.
There are, anyway, some important differences between SDC 7.0 and the previous version, where the main one is:
- The request version of SDC 7.0 CLI is, obviously,
- This means that the parameter
--dataset(or the equivalent
-eshort option) is mandatory for the command
sdc-createmachine. On previous versions of the API, it was possible to provision a machine without specifying an image to the create machine command. This behavior has been deprecated, and the desired image must be specified.
- Also, starting at version 7.0, there isn't a
defaultdataset. For backward compatibility purposes, when a request using
~6.5is received, the latest version of the
smartosdataset will become the default one.
- Starting with version 7.0, virtual machines can also be resized but, only resizing virtual machines to a higher capacity/package is supported.
- Version 7.0 also deprecates the
URNattribute for any entity, either Images or Packages. URN support will finish with SDC 6.5 support.
- Starting with version 7.0, packages listed by GET
/:account/packagesaccept search filters. Additionally, the package members
versionare included on packages, as explained into packages section.
- Since Version 7.0 historical list of machine accomplished actions is available through request
- Version 7.0 adds the ability for customers to manage Firewall Rules through
/:account/fwrulesresource, as explained into Firewall Rules section.
- Version 7.0 exposes account details through
GET /:account, and allows the modification of the account properties - with the exception of
POST /:account. Details are explained into the Account section
- Version 7.0 exposes Networks details through
/:account/networksresource, as explained into Networks section.
- Since Version
sdc-createmachineaccepts an optional
--networks|-wargument, which can be set to the
idof one or more of the networks retrieved from